Friday, October 5, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy


Now that a few months have passed and we've all had time to digest the first of 3 books in the movie form, I thought I'd add a little book review.

When I first heard about these stories, nothing about them interested me.  Not one bit.  Children fighting to deaths?  No thank you.  But as I heard more and more people of all ages talking about the movie, the book being taught in schools - What??  The hype eventually went into a frenzy, I thought, as a journalist, I really should put my own reserves on the side and take a look.

Well, let me tell you, the moment I started to read the first book, I was hooked.  I could not put it down!  I read and read like a woman on a mission and finished every book within' 2 days.

The story captivates you and pulls you into this fantasy land and makes you take sides and start to root for things you never thought you would. 

Collins has a very unique writing style that throws you into a dreamlike stance until she's finished with you.

Highly recommend.

Easy and fun reading.  Bring it to a local Montreal Park with a mug of coffee for a perfect fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment